ReverbNation's player requires MP3 files no larger than 8 MB, with a sample rate of 44,100 Hz.
To convert your files to the proper format in iTunes, follow these steps:
- Go to iTunes Preferences
- Click on "Import Settings," under the General Tab.
- Under "Import Using," chose MP3 Encoder
- Under "Setting," choose Custom...
- Make sure the Sample Rate is set to 44.1 kHz.
- Set the Bit Rate to the desired setting. 128 kbps will get most songs under the 8MB song limit, but Digital Distribution requires a Bit Rate of 320 kbps.
- Click "OK."
- Select the file you want to convert.
- Click on "Advanced" (located in the menu bar), and choose "Create MP3 Version."